The Mission of e-District project is ‘Strengthening the District administration to deliver government services in a simplified, transparent and convenient manner to the citizens leveraging the Information & Communication Technologies’. For achieving its Mission, Government of Sikkim has identified the services for e-enablement in all the districts of the state, which are discussed in the later sections.
Districts are the de-facto governmental front-end for G2C interactions. The e-District project has been envisaged to enhance the efficiencies of different departments at the district level and to provide integrated citizen services through automation of workflow, backend computerization and data digitization.
The Ministry of Information & Communication Technology has undertaken e-District Mission Mode Project with a view to create an enabling environment to deliver high volume citizen centric services at district & sub-district level, leveraging the core e-infrastructure setup in its projects like State Wide Area Network (SWAN), State Data Centre (SDC), State Service Delivery Gateway (SSDG) & Common Services Centres (CSCs).
Key objectives of e-District MMP are:
- ServicePlus Efficient delivery of services with improved Service Levels at District, Sub-Division, Block & Tehsil level
- ServicePlus Capacity Building of field functionaries
- ServicePlus Access to efficient, reliable, transparent and accountable Services
- ServicePlus Reducing service time & costs for the Government and Citizens
- ServicePlus Enhancing perception & image of the Government
The deployed Services has been configured using the ServicePlus, one of the Application in Panchayat Enterprise Suit (PES) developed under the e-Panchayat Mission Mode Project undertaken by Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR).
Location : All Block Administrative Centers | City : Namchi | PIN Code : 737126